Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Somebody likes me, darn it

This blog has not, so far, generated a lot of buzz. If you look below the posts, you will see that comments are few and far between. This is OK, though I will confess that there was that oh-so-faint hope that my wisdom would soar across the blogosphere, enlightening others and (you never know) enriching me. Sure, a month of serious blogging is not close to enough, but I can be impatient.

Of course, that brings to mind the question of who this blog is for. Am I writing this for others, sowing my seeds of brilliance to change the world, or is it sufficient to write for myself? I suppose that's a question that any blogger might have, and only arises from the technology - if I were writing a diary (I mean, journal, I'm not 13), I would have no expectation that anyone would care. But it's out there on the Web, and it would be neat if people would read it.

Do I mean that? Perhaps not totally. I Googled myself the other day, not because I thought that thousands were talking about my words without leaving comments, but because I was curious as to how Google would index an unread blog. For the most part, the links lead to the individual posts (not all of them, which is curious). But one of my posts was referred to on another site. For a moment, I was kind of excited. Then I looked, and my link is on a white supremacist site. Are these my fans? Not exactly what I was hoping for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then, damn them them all to Hell. What you need is good PR. Maybe photos of of you rescuing puppies and kittens would help? Have Photoshop, will travel...

Clicky Web Analytics