Friday, February 29, 2008

My experiment...

of insisting on at least one post a day has reached two months now. I've kept it up, though I admit to at least a couple of instances of time-shifting (though I haven't put fake times on any posts). The discipline has been good for me, even if some days present a struggle to find a topic, while some topics require more writing time than I have (as witness some of my recent book reviews).

It's a challenge for someone who is a non-writer (I've always been OK at it, but it's never been a regular part of my day before) to come up with an idea and express it as well as possible (and my typing is not improving at all). Because I've tried to keep the signal/noise ratio pretty high (the reader can determine the success of that), I want to say something significant each time I post. I haven't met that standard at 100% (my Oscar post was kind of weak), but the attempt has been worthwhile. I'll try to keep the one-a-day thing going, at least for a while longer.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics