Saturday, February 16, 2008

New other place

A few weeks ago I described why I have the places of interest linked to the right. Today I have added a new one, the blog of Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor. Why I have added this will become clear when you read my review of his book, Supercapitalism, which is coming in a couple of days.

The short version is that this guy makes a lot of sense; he understands the risks to this nation and the structural impediments to fixing what's wrong (no, it's not waving the flag and shouting, we're #1). His words stand in stark contrast to someone like Martin Feldstein, Harvard economist and former adviser to Reagan, who appeared on Charlie Rose last night to tell us that everything's fine, all problems are temporary, that America is the grandest country in the world, don't worry. You don't have to believe in the apocalypse to think that Reich may be a little closer to reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I'd also throw in creditslips:http://www.creditslips.org/

Clicky Web Analytics