Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yet another other place

I have added The Corporate Cynic to my Other places of interest. Once again, I was put on to this site by Carrie's Nation (she has some really good links). This blog is written by an experienced business hand who has some really incisive things to say about the current state of business (I prefer his posts to the hit-and-miss snark of Stanley Bing, whose books can be a bit of a slog). The only thing that will bother you is that he doesn't find the time to post more often (about once a week), but he's actually working (and his signal/noise ratio does remain high).

Full disclosure: about 99% of the paragraph above represents my sincere interest in his blog, the other 1% is due to his kindly citing yours truly in his most recent post (modesty precludes a direct link). I'm glad a comment can provide inspiration to a fellow blogger.

Anyway, read his site, and get some idea as to why the whole concept of "corporate efficiency" is severely flawed (as those of us who work already know, and the pundits, the press, and the ivory-towerers don't).

1 comment:

Citizen Carrie said...

Good job, Androcass! I like The Corporate Cynic's differentation between management and manipulation. My awareness of management training methods only goes back to the 1970's, but I'm amazed at how we've gone from "our employees are our most valuable assets" from the 1970's and 1980's to the present day "employees are a necessary evil that should be outsourced as quickly as possible" that you have today.

Clicky Web Analytics