Monday, September 29, 2008

McCain tired?

I thought John McCain looked tired yesterday in his interview with George Stephanopoulos. It's not just that he was subdued, he looked downright weary to me. Added to the reports that he "followed" the debate over the bailout package from his northern Virginia home on Saturday, and I wonder if we shouldn't be concerned.

I've tried to stay away (mostly) from the age question, but one does have to wonder how well he can stand up to the rigors of the presidency. I know he did a lot of running around in the previous week, including prep work for the debate, but that's kind of a big part of what the office demands. And that makes his choice of Sarah Palin even more reckless and inexplicable. I also wonder if that support may be starting to fray, given McCain's weak retraction of her statement on Pakistan.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics