Sunday, November 30, 2008

Time-wasting

I don't know if anyone needs any more things on which to waste time, but I found another one.  You may already be enjoying Google Earth, a downloadable program that allows you to move about the earth and look at stuff.

Unbeknownst to me, about three months ago, Google added a flight simulator to Google Earth.  Somewhere, I stumbled across this news the other day, but I had no time to check it out.  Until tonight...I downloaded the new version (4.3), and there it was, Tools/Enter Flight Simulator....  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the current Microsoft product, but the price is right.

Now maybe you're not a fan of flight simulators, and that's fine, but I am (in fact, it is my contention that the original Bruce Artwick Flight Simulator was the most important program in the early days of PCs, but I won't fight that out tonight).  This new one is simple, offers only two airplanes, but it's still a hoot, so check it out.  Oh, and it allows you to take off from now-defunct Meigs Field in Chicago, which was the default in the Microsoft product, so you can fly around the Windy City without having to come in from O'Hare.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics